Which universities have the best graduates?
This really depends on your definition of "best". What has been your experience with certain universities to date? What skill set are you looking for? Do you offer a relocation package? With over 100 institutions in the UK you may not want to restrict your choices too early and risk excluding talented students and graduates. But where do you start? If you are looking for a general guide there are several University league tables produced annually by The Complete University Guide, The Guardian and jointly by The Times and The Sunday Times. Rankings have also been produced in the past by The Daily Telegraph and Financial Times.
If we look at The Times/The Sunday Times university league table, known as the Good University Guide they use the following criteria.
1. Student Satisfaction – this score is calculated using the results of National Student Surveys (NSS).
2. Teaching Excellence – this score includes academic standards in teaching and learning, student progression and learning resources.
3. Heads'/Peer Assessments – school heads are asked to identify the highest-quality undergraduate provision.
4. Research Quality– based upon the most recent Research Assessment Exercise by HEFCE.
5. A-level/Higher points – nationally audited data for the subsequent academic year are provided by HESA.
6. Graduate Unemployment – the number of students assume to be unemployed six months after graduation.
You may want to dive deeper into the data and actually consider the degree course. The Complete University Guide provide rankings by course for all UK Universities.
If you’d like to recruit from abroad there is also the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, which provide the definitive list of the world's best universities, evaluated across teaching, research, international outlook, reputation and more.
“Don't hire for the sake of hiring. Hire because there is no other way to do what you want to do."
- Sam Altman, OpenAI
- Recruitment Consultancy
- Graduate Recruitment Outsourcing
- Recruitment Advertising
- Webinars & Virtual Workshops
- Postgraduate Course Advertising
- Education Agency for Further Study
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Graduate Recruiter FAQ
- Why Use GRB?
- Student and Graduate Marketing
- GRB Talent Pool Data
- Graduate Placement Map
- Recruiter Blog
- Recruiter Live Chat
- Client Testimonials
Research for Recruiters
- Attending Careers Fairs
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Effective Interviewing
- Employer Branding
- Institute of Student Employers (ISE)
- Running an Internship
- Gaining Value from Placements
- Generation Y and Z
- The Essential Graduate Recruiters Checklist
- The Recruitment Process
- The Recruitment Framework
- Promoting Diversity and Avoiding Discrimination
- Selection Methods
- Competency-Based Recruitment
- Employment Checks
- Marketing to Students
- Employment Law
- Running a Graduate Recruitment Campaign
- SMEs and Graduates
- The UCAS Tariff
- Candidate Psychometric Testing
- International Degree Equivalents
- The 7 Benefits of Hiring Graduates
- A Level Equivalents Guide
- University League Table
- Graduate Recruiters Network
- Rising Stars
- Student Diaries
- Study in Australia or New Zealand
- Recruiter Blog
Client Case Studies
- Fast Growing US Tech Firm Needed STEM Graduates
- Meeting Diversity Targets for Graduate Scheme Case Study
- Pipeline for Leadership Team
- Graduate Rotational Management Scheme Case Study
- Graduate Leadership Programme Case Study
- Work Ready Graduates Needed
- RPO Solution
- FTSE250 Recruiter Project
- Technology Graduate Scheme
- SME Recruitment
- Boost Candidate Response
- International Graduate Recruitment Campaign
- Last Minute Recruitment
- GRB Rising Star Recruited
- Graduate Delivered Within 24 Hours