- Main campus: Sydney, New South Wales
- Student population: 24,512
- THE rank in Australia: 11
- QS rank in Australia: 14
- THE global rank of 93 for education. Global top 125 universities for arts and humanities and psychology, top 150 for law and social sciences, top 175 for business and economics, computer science, and physical sciences, and top 200 for engineering, and clinical and health.
- QS score of 80% or above for international faculty ratio, international students ratio, and international research network.
- CRICOS reference: 00002J
Macquarie University lies squarely within Sydney’s largest and most economically impactful high-tech district, giving its students unmatched access to Australia’s most important research and economic opportunities. QS ranks Macquarie within the top 1% of all universities worldwide, and the University’s business school is among Australia’s best. Its 220,000 alumni form a diverse and successful global community that continues to make significant contributions in the arts, sciences, healthcare, engineering, and business.
Macquarie’s student body of 45,000 includes more than 10,000 international students from more than 120 countries. The University lies on a 312-acre campus that features a large swathe of green space in the midst of the world’s fourth-best student city according to the QS Best Student Cities Rankings. A billion-dollar capital campaign has infused Macquarie’s campus in recent years with a slew of cutting-edge enhancements to its already-impressive research facilities and infrastructure.
A global network of partner universities supports Macquarie’s robust student-exchange programmes, which in turn allow the University to offer a flexible range of long- and short-term opportunities for international students. Macquarie’s financial strength underwrites one of Australia’s most generous arrays of scholarship support, including a range of merit-based, need-based, and research-specific scholarships for UK students. Macquarie international students in good standing are eligible to receive two-year work visas following the completion of their studies.
More than 300 of the world’s leading companies have corporate presences on or near the Macquarie campus, giving students remarkable access to industry connections. The University places special emphasis on internships and both graduate and postgraduate placement, and international students are invited to participate in Macquarie’s full complement of career support. Programmes like the Global Leadership Program and Participation and Community Engagement actively help Macquarie students translate their academic study into practical, marketable professional skills.
- Wallumattagal Campus, Sydney
- City Campus, Sydney
• Master of Conservation Biology. CRICOS Course Code: 086079K
• Master of Sustainable Development – Suitable for those looking to work at the governmental level, NGOs, corporate field etc. CRICOS Course Code: 086079K
• Master of Environment - Focus on practical work, both in the field and in modern labs. CRICOS Course Code: 084700K
Master of Clinical Sciences - Macquarie is a world leader in health. It is home to MQ Health – Australia’s first fully integrated university-led health sciences centre – and the Australian Hearing Hub, both of which combine excellence in clinical care with teaching and research. Study medical sciences surrounded by leading practitioners, researchers and health facilities, including MQ Health and the Australian Hearing Hub. CRICOS Course Code: 078627J
Society and Culture
• Masters in applied linguistics, masters in translation worldwide top 10 – look for French and European and Asian languages.
Commerce and Management
• Master of Professional Accounting – Students can gain ACCA and CIMA exemptions. CRICOS Course Code: 099183C
• Master of Applied Finance ranked #32 globally (QS World University Rankings, 2021) CRICOS Course Code: 083777G
• Master of Business Administration - second in Australia, requires three years of post-graduate work experience. CRICOS Course Code: 083781A
• Master of Combined Studies in Marketing / International Business, highly ranked in global rankings
Natural and Physical Sciences
• Master of Actuarial Practice - no 1 in Australia for Actuarial Science. CRICOS Course Code: 083775K