Cancer Research UK is a cancer research and awareness charity in the United Kingdom, formed on 4 February 2002 by the merger of The Cancer Research Campaign and the Imperial Cancer Research Fund. Its aim is to reduce the number of deaths from cancer. As the world's largest independent cancer research charity it conducts research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the disease. Research activities are carried out in institutes, universities and hospitals across the UK, both by the charity's own employees and by its grant-funded researchers. It also provides information about cancer and runs campaigns aimed at raising awareness of the disease and influencing public policy.
Cancer Research UK's work is entirely funded by the public. It raises money through donations, legacies, community fundraising, events, retail and corporate partnerships. Over 40,000 people are regular volunteers.
The Cancer Research Graduate Scheme
It takes a broad range of talents to make an organisation like ours successful. And our graduate schemes reflect that. We offer graduates a choice of four different streams in areas that are vital to our work - Corporate, Fundraising and Marketing, Scientific Services, and Communications. So wherever you want your career to take you, you can get there with us.
What you need:
We're looking for people with the potential to become our future leaders, so your drive and motivation to succeed should show in all your academic and non-academic achievements so far.
- A minimum or expect to achieve, of a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree (in any discipline).
- 280 UCAS points and GCSE Maths and English at Grade 'C' or above.
- Permanent right to live and work in the UK without restriction or entitled to apply or have an outstanding application for a valid work permit.
- The drive and motivation to achieve life-changing results
- Achieved success outside of your academic career through work experience, internships, summer placements, voluntary experience or positions of responsibility at university.
With such important goals to reach, results count. You be must willing to go the extra mile to achieve exceptional results, taking on responsibility for the outcomes of critical projects and leading others to achieve. As our strength lies in the way we work and the way we communicate with others, your talent for building relationships and networks will be pivotal to help continue our success.