Graduate Consulting Analyst - Nuclear Team
- Bristol, Burton, or Gloucester, Any
- 1st Nov ’18
- 18 days left!
As one of the UK's leading providers of systems and engineering technology within the defence, nuclear, power and energy, civil aerospace, rail, marine, petrochemical and industrial sectors this company offers progressive and exciting career paths. With a family friendly feel, every employee is valued highly and makes a sizeable impact to projects they work on as well as the future of the business.
They are looking for Engineers and Physicists to join an expanding team that provides technical analysis services, primarily in support of Nuclear Power applications. Analysis disciplines will include but not be limited to reactor physics, datastatistical analysis, materials, thermal, fluids and structures.
The focus of this role is to specify, develop and apply analytical and simulation techniques to support and develop customer understanding of physical systems and their operation.
Working within their project teams on a variety of projects, the role will involve:
- Liaising with clients to understand their requirements for analysis
- The development of analytical models including software solutions for a wide range of engineering challenges
- Understanding and interpreting the outcome of analysis in the context of client's requirements
- Communicating complex analysis results to customers such that they can be readily understood
You will also have the opportunity to develop skills in management of all aspects of a technical project, including client communication, project delivery and managing other project staff.
You will have a strong understanding of engineering and physical science principles and the ability to think laterally to solve complex technical problems.
You will have an interest in the nuclear industry, and experience in nuclear related work through previous employment, university projects andor summer placements is desirable but not essential.
- You will possess, or be on track for, a degree or PhD in engineering or physical sciences.
- You will have demonstrated an aptitude for technical analysis as part of previous employment or through other experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also essential.