GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global pharmaceutical, biologics, vaccines and consumer healthcare company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world's third largest pharmaceutical company measured by revenues (after Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer). It has a portfolio of products for major disease areas including asthma, cancer, virus control, infections, mental health, diabetes and digestive conditions. It also has a large consumer healthcare division which produces and markets oral healthcare products, nutritional drinks and over-the-counter medicines, including Sensodyne, Horlicks and Gaviscon. Its primary listing is on the London Stock Exchange and it is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
The GlaxoSmithKline graduate scheme
- Graduate programmes: Finance, IT, Sales and Marketing, Procurement, Engineering, Science
- One-year work placements: IT, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Communications, HR, Finance, Science
- 10-week summer placements: Marketing and Procurement
Since there's no such thing as a typical career path here, you'll find outstanding opportunities for graduates and postgraduates alike, as well as a number of industrial placement and summer placement opportunities for undergraduates. And these roles cover our entire range of business disciplines, from sales and marketing, finance, science, IT, engineering and procurement to communications and HR.
What you need:
Open to all degree disciplines:
- Minimum 2.1 honours degree required
- Location mobility is a requirement
- Start date = September each year
- Applicants must hold a full UK work permit to cover the duration of the programme
- The field-based nature of the sales placement requires you to possess a valid UK driving licence by the time you join us