Graduate Support Engineer
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- 28th Sep ’21
This company develops, implements and supports a comprehensive suite of market data products, including real-time data feeds.
Their fast-growing operations are currently staffed by over 100 people across four offices in the US and UK. They are becoming a well-known player in their marketplace.
This firm is looking to hire a recent graduate to join them as a graduate support engineer. The office is likely to re open in September, but flexible working will be allowed moving forwards, with two days per week in the office or more if you prefer.
You will join a global support team and will be working with global financial and banking clients worldwide, so a flexible approach to working hours is preferred. However, candidates will also be considered for a normal shift pattern.
You will provide customer support, as well as monitor and respond to alerts from servers, ensuring the systems are always operating smoothly.
This is a technical position requiring good analytical and problem solving skills. Being competent with Linux command line tools is useful, although internal guides and training are provided. The successful candidates will be given training in real-time financial markets, data systems and all applicable technology.
The successful candidates must be able to confidently handle customer requirements and respond to both technical and non-technical questions. The position will work closely with other support teams in global offices, including the UK and US.
The role is mainly a client support role but may well involve working for the deployment team on other service delivery related tasks. You can progress into a wide range of roles within the company.
The ideal applicant will be a confident individual who is technically competent, able to follow processes, and logically minded.
- Bachelor's level degree or above
- A desire to start a career within the IT sector
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and systematic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple maintenance projects and work to strict maintenance windows
- Can-do attitude
- Knowledge of Linux OS and ideally Linux command line
- Happy to work shift patterns is a big bonus (including weekend work)