Graduate Project Engineer
- Yorkshire, South Yorkshire
- 31st May ’18
This company provides the rail industry with a number of specialist consultancy services for rolling stock vehicles. With continued growth and a busy workload, they are looking to expand their team.
In this role you will be working on a huge variety of projects where you'll be an integral part of the consultancy team, supporting senior Engineers.
Working on projects lasting typically 3-4 months with a range of rolling stock clients, the work will be very varied and the insight you will gain will provide fantastic industry experience putting you in an incredible position for your future career. The company will provide support for you to reach chartered status.
In summary you'll be involved with:
- Travelling to client sites across the UK to discuss the implementation and maintenance of railway rolling stock vehicles and associated systems, including everything from engines and hydraulics to lighting and air-conditioning
- Analysis of failure trends and identification of root causes
- Undertaking vehicle inspections and conducting risk analysis
- Assistance in running optimisation projects of vehicle maintenance and overhaul plans
- Technical report writing
- Minimum B.Eng in Mechanical or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or closely related
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Engineering experience is valuable but not essential
- Driving licence is ideal as there is travel involved
- Railway rolling stock experience would be highly advantageous
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again