Graduate Operations Management Trainee
- , Somerset
- 14th May ’21
- 7 days left!
Highly respected in their field for over 20 years, they are experts in domestic and international shipping and logistics. From antiques and fine art to personal possessions and even pets, they expertly assist their customers with complex relocations.
Customers are at the heart of this family-run business. With an annual group turnover in excess of £10m, they are rapidly growing and can offer a supportive environment for a graduate looking to start their long-term career.
Due to expansion, our client is looking for an ambitious graduate to join them as a trainee operations manager at one of their busiest sites in the south west. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to run the site directly from the existing director, with the aim for you to move into this role in as little as 2-3 years!
From people management, customer relations, capacity planning and general operations management, you will learn to manage a business from the ground up. Excellent training and support will be provided, enabling you to hit the ground running making key business decisions early on in your career.
- People and line management
- Site management and safety
- Warehouse and storage facility management
- General administrative responsibilities
- Customer management and care
- Continuous improvement
This is a unique opportunity to fast-track your career into a senior management position in as little as two years, as well as to complete further professional qualifications that will be funded for you along the way.
What Do You Need?
- A degree (or equivalent) in a business-related subject
- Some relevant work experience (ideally in an operational capacity but not essential)
- A can-do attitude with a desire to work in a hands-on logistics environment
- A driving license