Graduate FMCG Leadership Programme
- Midlands, East Midlands
- 11th Jan ’19
- 14 days left!
A global leader in the supply of fresh produce and flowers with a turnover of over £450m. They supply every major retailer in the UK through a number of strategic partnerships and are passionate about ethical and sustainable sourcing of fresh produce.
The programme is designed to give you broad experience in a variety of business functions so that you can fully understand the way in which the business operates and uncover your leadership potential.
Within this three year scheme, you will undertake three placements. Each placement will be a real role giving you genuine responsibility from day one, gaining you real leadership experience that will be invaluable in your long-term career. There is potentially for your career to grow internationally either in Kenya or the Netherlands, giving you the opportunity to see broader international operations.
You can expect to develop a strong understanding of a range of functions and roles that may include:
- Operations - Working abroad to understand and add value to the core farming operations.
- Commercial Account Management - Managing strategic relationships with the likes of Tesco, Marks and Spencer's and Waitrose.
- Technical - Understanding how quality is maintained.
- Buying - Sourcing great products at the right price.
- Other functional and technical roles within the business.
Throughout the programme you will receive extensive and exceptional learning and development opportunities including a dedicated mentor and the opportunity to study for further qualifications including full sponsorship for an MBA.
At the end of the scheme you will take on a substantive post within the mid to senior management team with the ultimate goal of you becoming a future General Manager within the business.
Strong leadership potential and a desire to progress within this industry is imperative to being successful on the programme. Other essential requirements include:
- 2:1 (achieved or predicted). Any degree discipline would be considered.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Numerically confident and naturally analytical.
- Strong communication skills, capable of dealing with people at every business level.
- Interested in working within an international Agribusiness organisation.