FCC Environment - Graduate Operations Management Trainee
- South of England, South
- 2nd Dec ’19
Who are we?
In our post Blue Planet 2 world where international attention is focused on how we can waste less and recycle more, it could not be a better time to join one of the UK's most progressive waste and resource management companies.
FCC Environment are on the front line of the resource revolution which will deliver the ambition of the 25 Year Environment Plan to leave the world a better place than it is now for our children. We provide a range of services, from collecting business & household waste and recycling, processing the materials we collect recycling everything that we can, and generating green energy from waste. We minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources. Right now, we?re focusing our sights on developing our managers of tomorrow and you could be one of them!
What will you be doing?
During the 18-month Graduate Programme with FCC Environment you will gain thorough and in-depth experience where you will have substantial impact on major projects. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
You will oversee the personal safety of FCC employees and external stakeholders by ensuring that the correct safety procedures are implemented and followed, ensure the Company pursues best practice with regards to its policies and procedures, development of industrial relations and legislative compliance. You will be responsible for the operation, management and overall performance of the operational issues, including all associated transport.
You will monitor sites to ensure that they are operated in an efficient and safe manner with proper regard to environmental compliance, customer service levels and the needs of the local authority and general public. This role is based in the South of England.
What can we offer you?
- Salary of £23,000
- Relocation Assistance (inc. temporary accommodation assistance up to £300month)
- 25 days annual leave per annum (up to 10 days unpaid leave per year, plus option to purchase 5 additional days? annual leave)
- Company Pension (inc. company contributions)
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits (cycle to work, high street savings and discounts, Gymflex)
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Peer to Peer Recognition Scheme
Who are we looking for?
- A graduate with a 2:1 or above in the following degree disciplines:Environmental; Construction; Waste Management; Estates, Property, Planning; Business Management
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility during dynamic situations
- Excellent work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbalwritten communication skills.
- I.T Literate
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and committed attitude.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you click 'Apply Now'!
We will be reviewing all applications over December and aim to give all candidates feedback by early January.