FCC Environment - Graduate Operations Management Trainee
- Multiple Locations, UK
- 7th Dec ’18
In our post Blue Planet 2 world where international attention is focused on how we can waste less and recycle more, it could not be a better time to join one of the UK's most progressive waste and resource management companies.
FCC Environment are on the front line of the resource revolution which will deliver the ambition of the 25 Year Environment Plan to leave the world a better place than it is now for our children.
We provide a range of services, from collecting business & household waste and recycling, processing the materials we collect, recycling everything that we can and generating green energy from waste that cannot be recycled. We minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill, by transforming it into valuable resources.
Put simply: We collect waste - from businesses, local authorities and households and process it to ensure we fully realise its potential as a resource
What will you be doing?
During the 18-month Graduate Programme with FCC Environment you will gain thorough and in-depth experience where you will have substantial impact on major projects. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Overseeing the personal safety of FCC employees and external stakeholders by ensuring that the correct safety procedures are implemented and followed
- Ensuring that the Company pursues best practice with regards to its policies and procedures, development of industrial relations and legislative compliance
- Assist with the overall effective management of the Contract's Operator's Licence
- Be responsible for the operation, management and overall performance of the operational issues, including all associated transport
- Monitor Sites to ensure that they are operated in an efficient and safe manner with proper regard to environmental compliance, customer service levels and the needs of the local authority and general public
- Carry out operational cost reporting and assist with future forecasting and budgeting
- Ensure staff are well-trained, motivated and regularly in attendance, working safely to achieve the Site's objectives
- Liaise with clients and attend meetings where necessary
What do you need?
Must be degree educated to a minimum 2:1 standard in one of the following areas of discipline:
- Waste Management;
- Estates, Property, Planning;
- Business Management;
There are a number of personal attributes that we deem important and these include:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A committed 'can-do' attitude
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail
- Accountable and able to take responsibility
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiar with a number of computer applications (eg. Microsoft Office)
These positions are available across the following FCC Site Locations; Suffolk, Northampton, Reading, Yorkshire, Cumbria and the North East and will start in September 2019.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again