A part of the RWE, one of Europe's largest utility groups, npower provides gas, electricity and related services to both homes and businesses across the UK. npower is also committed to developing greener energy sources and is a leader in the search for renewable power supplies, proving the company takes its environment responsibility very seriously. Despite only being created in 1999, npower has grown considerably to the high profile position it holds today, serving 6.8 million customers.
The npower graduate scheme
Mentoring by existing staff is coupled with on the job training to ensure graduates develop the necessary technical skills for the role they will be performing when they complete their training. Development programmes and courses run alongside on the job training to develop graduates personal skills. When training is complete graduates will be ready to maintain npower's high standards in their chosen field.
Engineering, Financial, Risk Assessment and Management rolse.
What you need
- Engineering - Graduates require a minimum of a 2:2 in an engineering, metallurgy or science discipline.
- Finance - A 2:1 degree or better in any discipline, coupled with good numeracy and analytical skills, as well as commercial awareness is required.
- Business Analysis - A 2:1 or above/2:2 and postgraduate qualification in a numerate/analytical degree is required for the Business Analysis scheme. Applicants must have good attention to detail, and be able to handle complex and strategic issues.
- General Business Management - A 2:1 or above/2:2 and postgraduate qualification in any discipline is necessary for this scheme. Applicants must also have clear leadership qualities and commercial instincts.
- Quantitative Risk - Applicants with a post-graduate degree in a relevant quantitative discipline, such as Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering or Energy Markets and who have high levels of numeracy and excellent problem solving skills.
- For all schemes, npower seeks graduates who will bring enthusiasm, commitment, ambition, and strong analytic and problem-solving skills to their work.