The Crown Estate - Graduate Marine Planning Advisor
- London, London
- £26-30k £30,000
- 15th Oct ’21
The Crown Estate is an independent commercial business created by an Act of Parliament. We manage a broad portfolio, including commercial property in Central London, rural retail, almost half of the foreshore and beds of tidal rivers in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, together with almost all the seabed out to the 12 nautical mile limit and rights to mineral extraction, renewable energy generation and gas storage on the continental shelf.
The Marine Planning Team is a cross cutting team working across the Marine Seabed unit to help the business achieve its commercial aims, whilst ensuring this is done in an environmentally sustainable way.
What will you be doing?
The role will sit within our Marine Planning Team, and involves supporting the assessment of external marine policy and planning, and encouraging opportunities to grow the business and ensure the continued performance of The Crown Estate.
You will represent the interests of The Crown Estate and help the business deliver its objectives, managing the process of issuing short term seabed survey licences, as well as delivering other important compliance processes, and engaging with a range of key stakeholders.
You can expect to undertake research, draft reports and create briefing notes on relevant marine policy matters, to support original project work and organisational responses to policy consultations.
You will work side by side with our clients to support them and develop relationship trackers, provide advice and support the ongoing management of relationships with key stakeholders. You will also support the senior members of the team in technical discussions.
What can we offer you?
- Salary £26k-£30k
- Perks and Benefits (healthcare, laptop, extra holiday, rewards etc)
- Positive working environment
- Flexible working approach
What are we looking for?
- A degree holder in any subject
- A passion for marine conservation and an understanding of the marine environment
- Understanding of marine environmental legislation and of activities and industries in the marine environment
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Desk based research and analysis skills and an understanding of Research and Horizon Scanning
- Good communication and team working skills
- Excellent level of IT competence, with strong capabilities using MS Office