Graduate Software and Firmware Engineer
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- 11th Dec ’20
A specialist design consultancy providing electronics and software solutions to their customers.
Joining this busy and growing firm, you will be working as a graduate software and firmware engineer. This is an immediate role and the client is super busy with work, even in the current pandemic!
You will be working closely with both software and hardware engineers to identify the best solution for their customers. Responsibilities will include liaising with customers to understand their requirements and then designing, developing and implementing software solutions.
You will mostly be working on applications for embedded products and mobile applications.
The company offers a good salary, including bonus and excellent long term career options.
- Degree in a relevant subject such as computer science, software engineering, electronics or electrical engineering.
- Electronics fundamentals (understand how to read schematics, how to use test equipment to aid debugging (logic analysers scopes DVM etc.).
- Strong programming core skills (C and C++) and any higher level languages and scripting is useful.
- Experience working with embedded systems during projects or in spare time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Role will be customer facing and so good communication is required.
- The role will cover working with a wide range of clients in many interesting areas of technology.
Nice to Haves
- Android or iOS (phone or tablet) experience
- PC application experience
- Any graphical OpenGL experience
- Use of microcontroller boards or other IOT platforms
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again