- West Sussex
- 27th Mar ’17
This boutique recruitment consultancy in Sussex specialises in servicing the UK food industry. They have a team of extremely knowledgeable consultants who have a passion for the sector and are able to provide quality candidates for roles in product development, technical, quality, commercial and operations roles. They work with leading food manufacturing groups, innovative food brands and retailers.
Typically you will be starting out in the role of Resourcer, supporting the team of Consultants in the following activities:
- Identifying relevant candidates through applications, job boards and LinkedIn
- Gaining referrals from relevant industry professionals
- Interviewing prospective candidates over the telephone
- Typing up job adverts and listing on relevant online publications
- Attending food festivals and conferences to keep up with food trends, market changes and innovation
Your role will develop over time as your skill base expands. This means more responsibility for supporting your candidates through the interview process, more contact with the clients and eventually looking for new business opportunities in new or existing clients.
The basic salary starts at £18-20K but can be negotiated based on experience. Bonuses are on offer once you pass certain sales revenue figures. The director also takes staff out for team-based social events on regular occasions. Training seminars are held every six weeks through an expert training provider. Hours are amazingly fair for the industry and holiday entitlement of up to 31 days which is very generous.
- Genuine interest in the food industry - we are looking for those with a food-related degree or relevant work experience
- Looking for those who are motivated by performing well and offering great service to clients
- Strong, articulate communicator
- Able to build relationships
- Any scientific related degree, with Food Science, Food Technology or Nutrition being a preference
- An interest in food or Food Sciences
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again