Graduate Database and Application Support Engineer
- Egham, Surrey
- 29th Oct ’18
This specialist, boutique software company develops business intelligence solutions for the online travel industry. They have a fantastic client base of blue chip customers and work with some of the biggest names in the hospitality and airline sectors. Located a commutable distance from central London, they are leaders in the successful innovation of business intelligence and operational metrics.
As an Application Support Engineer you will be joining their in-house Technical team to work on real-world projects for their travel industry and enterprise clients.
Within the team you will be responsible for ensuring the continued satisfaction of their blue chip client base. You will work closely with their customers and development team in installing their product, carrying out maintenance and software upgrades, providing Oracle database and application support, ensuring the smooth running of systems, troubleshooting and fixing issues, as well as some internal system administration.
The role is a varied one and offers long term career options for the right person.
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science, IT, Physics or Maths (or similar).
- Attention to detail and desire to improve systems and processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical software problems.
- Knowledge of SQL and databases (ideally Oracle) OR in using Linux or UNIX systems.
- Knowledge of computer networking and configuration.
- Experience providing customer service and support.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again