Graduate Commodity Sales Trainee - Scandinavian Languages
- London, London
- £40,000 ote
- 15th Oct ’19
- Interested in the world of commodity trading?
- Can you build relationships effectively and speak fluent Finnish or Swedish or Norwegian or Danish?
This is an award winning, FSA registered advisory, trading and investments firm who are active in the renewable, carbon and energy markets.
Based in Hammersmith, with further offices in Malta, Ukraine and Jersey.
You will be partnering with a senior sales person or trader, looking to establish sales opportunities within the trading of commodity products including natural gas, power, emissions, crude oil, refined products and coal. You will be building relationships with CFOs, risk managers, treasury managers, oil managers in a range of industries - of course targeting organisations who are likely to buy or sell energy.
- Updating clients on key industry info they may be interested in e.g. rates.
- Releasing regular market commentary.
- Organise business trips, attend exhibitions, networking events, trade shows.
- Build knowledge of the markets.
- Converting meetings into deals.
Coaching is very much on the job with opportunity to attend external training sessions. As you progress, there is a route into becoming an energy trader where you can structure your own deals from inception to close.
Salary is £25-35K depending on experience with realistic commission of £15K on top in year one as you will be earning 15% on all profits you generate.
- Ideally a 2:1 (or equivalent) from a leading establishment.
- Fluent in English and Finnish or Swedish or Norwegian or Danish.
- Ideally will have covered finance, banking, energy, commodities etc. within studies but happy to consider those who have different degrees with relevant internships or work experience.
- High achievers.
- Interest and understanding of financial markets.
- Focused on building long-term relationships.
- Happy with travel, sometimes international.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again