FCC Environment - Graduate Estates Management Trainee
- Doncaster, Yorkshire
- 2nd Dec ’19
Who are we?
In our post Blue Planet 2 world where international attention is focused on how we can waste less and recycle more, it could not be a better time to join one of the UK's most progressive waste and resource management companies.
FCC Environment are on the front line of the resource revolution which will deliver the ambition of the 25 Year Environment Plan to leave the world a better place than it is now for our children. We provide a range of services, from collecting business & household waste and recycling, processing the materials we collect recycling everything that we can, and generating green energy from waste. We minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources. Right now, we?re focusing our sights on developing our managers of tomorrow and you could be one of them!
What will you be doing?
On our 18-month Graduate Management Programme you will be able to develop and enhance the FCC's profitability by supporting the Estates Managers in obtaining and managing environmental permits, planning permissions, and other consents required to add value to the Company?s landholding and the operational businesses and developmentbidding teams to support business growth within the company.
You will provide support and advice to the business in all matters associated with permitting and the company?s portfolio of other statutory consents including attendance at both regular regional meetings and project specific meetings. In this role, you will support the Estates Managers in maintaining professional and effective working relationships with the Environment Agency and planning authorities. You will be based in Doncaster and the role will involve regular travel to meet business needs and may involve occasional overnight stays.
What can we offer you?
- Salary of £23,000
- Relocation Assistance (inc. temporary accommodation assistance up to £300month)
- 25 days annual leave per annum (up to 10 days unpaid leave per year, plus option to purchase 5 additional days? annual leave)
- Company Pension (inc. company contributions)
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits (cycle to work, high street savings and discounts, Gymflex)
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Peer to Peer Recognition Scheme
Who are we looking for?
- A Graduate with a 2:1 or above in mineral or waste planning or other relevant environmental degrees
- Understanding of environmental permit applications including familiarity with environmental regulations relevant to the waste management industry
- Understanding of planning applications within the Town and Country Planning Act
- Driven to complete projects to a high standard
- Experience of liaising with regulators and other stakeholders
- Strong IT skills to manage department databases
If this sounds like the opportunity for you click 'Apply Now'!
We will be reviewing all applications over December and aim to give all candidates feedback by early January.