Commercial Executive - Food Sector
- Slough, Berkshire
- 5th Nov ’18
This company is one of the UK's largest food wholesale and catering companies. Their customers cover all sectors, from hotels and restaurants, to schools and leisure facilities.
Love food but don't want to work in a lab or manufacturing environment? This role is perfect for you!
Working within this organisation's large and growing Technical Services team, you will liaise closely with suppliers, clients and internal teams in order to ensure the business is meeting high standards at all times. Your role will cover all areas of supplier management including analysing sustainability practices, certification checks, allergen monitoring, nutrition standards, quality assurance, and safety procedures.
This role will have a real client focus as sourcing high quality products is their key business goal and you will be involved in this right from the get-go. They work with an impressive range of customers, from famous big-name food chains through to schools and councils, helping the customer achieve their goals and objectives through sourcing the right products.
This diverse role will see you getting involved in a huge mixture of responsibilities, such as:
- Managing the supplier approval process.
- Involvement with internal audits as well as supplier audits.
- Offering support and advice to prospective clients and tenders.
- Keeping up-to-date on matters that affect the industry e.g. Sustainability.
- Assist in dealing with customer complaints and investigating them through to resolution.
- Project management.
The training is excellent and you will receive a combination of classroom and "on the job" training in your initial few weeks in the role, getting you up to scratch on standards, clients and the products. Over time, the business will support you in further qualifications that will assist you in the role such as HAACP, Internal Auditing and Food Safety.
The opportunities for progression within a large and established company are excellent; there are countless examples of graduates joining the business and progressing in less than two years. From this role your opportunities are not limited, previous grads have progressed within the team to Technical Services Managers or into more "Foodie" roles such as Food Technologists.
- Any degree at 2:1 level or above, Food related is preferred but grads with a strong interest are encouraged to apply.
- C's or above in A Levels or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen desire to progress within a business.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- ASAP availability.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again