Ark Teacher Training Programme
- Birmingham, Hastings, Portsmouth, London, Any
- Up to£24,000 £24,000
- 15th May ’21
- 27 days left!
Unlock the potential of the next generation - and yours!
Help the next generation to grow with Ark Teacher Training's outstanding programme. We are looking for passionate Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Computer Science trainees who can share their knowledge to broaden student's horizons, pursue the sciences and open up their futures.
Our unrivalled support network during and after your training will give you the tools you need to reach your potential. We offer the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice, allowing you to become the best teacher you can be for our amazing young people.
You'll get the unique benefit of a vast and vibrant community across our network of 38 schools but you will be based in your school from day one, having an impact straight away. We believe that every child, regardless of their background, deserves to have access to a great education, so our schools make a difference where it matters most.
We work around the UK so you also get to pick where you want to be based - London, Birmingham, Portsmouth or Hastings.
How is the programme structured?
Unlike a university-based PGCE, you will be based in a school of your choice from day one watching your students' progress. At the end of you first year you'll have achieved the following:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- PGCE (postgraduate certificate in education) in your chosen teaching subject
- You can progress onto our highly supportive, tailored Early Career Teacher (ECT) programme
What support is available to me during the programme?
Teacher training can be challenging, but the Ark Teacher Training team and wider network will support you including:
- In-school coach
- Weekly training sessions
- Ark Teacher Training tutor
- Peer-to-peer support
Who are we looking for?
- Have a grade C or above in maths and English language GCSE (and a science subject if you are applying to teach primary)
- Hold (or will hold) an undergraduate bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (or equivalent) or hold an A Level in those subjects prior to beginning your initial teacher training
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the programme
- Do not currently hold Qualified Teacher Status
So what are you waiting for? Apply today!
Due to the current situation and government guidelines surrounding social distancing, all recruitment will be online to ensure the health and safety of our candidates