Ark Teacher Training Programme
- Birmingham, Hastings, Portsmouth, London, Any
- 6th Sep ’19
- 1 days left!
Ark Teacher Training is a school-based teacher training programme. As a School Direct programme, you'll be based in the classroom from day one, but you won't be thrown in at the deep end. You'll receive 500 hours of face-to-face training, focusing on both theory and practice.
As a trainee with Ark, you'll have access to:
- A two-week summer school to introduce you to the programme and the principles of great teaching.
- Weekly training sessions with your fellow trainees focusing on a key part of your teaching such as behaviour management or curriculum.
- An in-school coach who you will work with you every week to plan lessons, observe your teaching and offer immediate tailored feedback.
- Support from a network of education experts, a dedicated tutor and fellow trainees in your school and across the programme.
At the end of your first year, you'll receive a PGCE qualification and Qualified Teacher Status. In your second year, you'll have the opportunity to progress onto our highly supportive NQT programme to continue developing your skills. In your first year, there are two main types of funding available to help with your training; salary and bursary. Regardless of which funding route you start on, you'll be paid a salary like all other qualified teachers after you complete your training year. In year two you'll be paid a salary like all other qualified teachers.
You will be based in the location of your choice. We work in over 40 schools located in economically disadvantaged areas or those with a history of academic underachievement. Our schools are in four regions in the UK:
Ark Teacher Training was rated 'outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted in January 2017.
Become the best teacher you can be with Ark Teacher Training.