Ark Teacher Training
- Birmingham, Hastings, Portsmouth, London, Any
- 2nd May ’19
- 128 days left!
This company exists to ensure that every child, regardless of their background has access to a great education.
Ark Teacher Training is a two-year school based training programme. As a School Direct programme, you'll be based in the classroom from day one, but you won't be thrown in at the deep end. You'll receive 500 hours of face-to-face training, focusing on both theory and practice.
As a trainee with Ark, you'll have access to:
- Two-week summer school to introduce you to the programme and the principles of great teaching.
- Weekly training sessions with your fellow trainees focusing on a key part of your teaching such as behaviour management or curriculum.
- An in-school coach who you will work with you every week to plan lessons, observe your teaching and offer immediate tailored feedback.
- Support from a network of education experts, a dedicated tutor and fellow trainees in your school and across the programme.
At the end of your first year, you'll receive a PGCE qualification and Qualified Teacher Status.
In your second year, you'll follow our supportive NQT programme to continue developing your skills.
In your first year, there are two main types of funding available to help with your training; salary and bursary. Regardless of which funding route you start on, in year two you'll be paid a salary like all other qualified teachers.
You will based in the school of your choice, having a real impact from day one. Our schools are in four regions in the UK:
With over 40 schools across four regions in the UK, there are a whole host of teaching options for you, from primary to physics, from music to maths.
Train to teach with Ark Teacher Training and transform lives, including your own.