Data Engineering Team Lead - Azure
- London North, London North West
- 16th Mar ’20
- 25 days left!
An exciting time to join this global online sports betting brand as they have gone through a period of sustained growth over the past three years, doubling staff numbers and quadrupling online spend, resulting in brand awareness sky rocketing both domestically and internationally.
A non-corporate company culture with a casual dress code of trainers and jeans. The office is full of fun employee benefits including their own barista, foosball and ping pong tables and break out working areas. This company also offers social benefits including trips to sports events and celebrity visits.
As a lead data engineer you will be responsible for leading in the process of re-platforming the traditional, on-premises RDBMS environment to a newly developed architecture in the cloud.
This is a line management position of a small team (no larger than 5), with a rough split of 80:20 in favour of hands-on technical work.
In your role you will be focused on the delivery of a variety of projects which are central to the wider success of the data engineering team; included but not limited to, designing robust ETL and data pipelines which are capable of moving vast amounts of information around the business, constructing and maintaining continuous integration pipelines and the ability to demonstrate work to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Tools used within the role will include SQL, Tableau Server, C#, .Net and Microsoft Azure.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Experience of working with large data-sets and highly transnational environments.
- Solid grounding of one or more ETL tools.
- Demonstrable understanding of MS SQL Server modelling and indexing strategies.
- Cloud based technology, ideally with Azure but Google Cloud and AWS considered.
- Line management experience or at the very least, has been in a strong mentoring role.