Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant - Education
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £27,000 ote
- 26th Nov ’20
- 2 days left!
Like education, and everyone is telling you to become a teacher, but aren't keen?
Want to earn better money in a business environment?
Then this recruitment opportunity could be a great fit!
They are an education recruitment company that work across the entire UK and place into primary schools and secondary schools. They place all types of teachers in primary and secondary schools such as special needs teachers, teaching assistants, NQT's and cover supervisors in both permanent and temporary positions. They have over 80 branches across the UK with over 300 employees.
Couple of great bits about them:
- Grad focused - Hire loads of grads every year and don't look for experienced recruiters as they want to provide all of the training to you!
- Covid - Education is a recession-resistant industry, and they didn't make any redundancies or need to furlough anyone earlier this year.
- They work in all of the local communities their branches are in and hold the gold standard in education recruitment.
You will come into their induction programme in their Leicester office as a trainee recruitment consultant and will work on building a network of candidates (teachers) for 4 weeks.
Afterwards, you will go onto a warm desk (not building from scratch) where you will be handed over work and will start approaching schools to build relationships. You will do a mixture of long term positions (6 months plus) and short term positions (covering for absence etc.).
-Relationship led - all about building relationships with schools and teachers.
-Massively collaborative environment, everyone works together. Complete opposite of a cut-throat recruitment environment.
-3 days in office and 2 remote working.
Recruitment requires dedication as well as resilience and perseverance (I know because I do it myself!) so you will work hard, and this company will provide full support so that you have an amazing career.
Training - 4 week intensive training period from start date. Afterwards all the grads that have joined across the company will meet monthly for 6 months in a training classroom to for joint training sessions (remotely for now). At 6 months you will deliver a presentation on your first 6 months to the senior management team and they collect the feedback to improve the training. You will also get a one-on-one buddy who is a senior consultant as well as training from branch manager with shadowing.
Money - Very realistic on what you will earn, they don't make unrealistic promises. 20K is the basic salary and with two promotions within your first year you should earn between 27-30K, which includes commission and basic increases.
Incentives - Discounts with retail companies, gym membership, mobile insurance, cinema tickets, weekly Nero coffee and regular branch and regional incentives (often money).
- MUST have a clean driving license and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Living in the Leicester area.
- Open on degree group and grade.
- An interest in education.
- Open on experience - can be retail, events, sales, customer service. Evidence of working hard that you will need to demonstrate in interview process.
- Sports and being a part of university societies are desired.