Teach First - Student Taster Opportunity
- Canary Wharf, London
- 20th Jun ’20
UPDATE: With the latest guidance around social distancing we have decided to postpone our Taster Experiences due to take place in March and April. But we’re still planning to run Taster Experiences later in the year and would welcome your application to take part in one of these.
Spend two days
- Changing channel
- Changing your life
Get a taste for the classroom and a head start on your career with our two-day taster experience. Get practical experience in things like presenting and problem-solving. Whilst also building the skills we look for in our teachers.
Perfect for students in their first and second year of study- a taster experience is your chance to dip your toes in and experience the buzz of teaching. All the while building up skills that look pretty good on your CV- ones that will stand you out from the crowd in an application for our training programme.
With skills-based workshops, networking opportunities and the chance to plan and teach a real mini lesson, it'll be a packed couple of days.
On the taster, you can expect to:
- experience teaching for real
- build your confidence in teaching
- Stand out for a place on our Training Programme
- support young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
The course is held in London, but if you have to travel to get there don't worry! We'll help with the practical stuff so you can focus on getting the most from your two days:
- We'll cover full travel costs up to £35 and 50% on anything above that up to £70.
- If you live more than 1.5 hours from our London office we'll arrange free accommodation for you.
- We'll provide all your meals (you can't teach on an empty stomach!)
Find out more and apply!
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again