- London, London Central
- 1st Nov ’18
- 18 days left!
This consultancy is a global executive search and leadership consultancy with 30 years' experience working within the corporate, commercial, education, public and non-profit sectors. They work in partnership with some of the world's leading financial institutions (including HSBC and BP) and most renowned charities.
- Over 30 years' experience working within their markets and excellent retention.
- Level of exposure to research within different industries is unparalleled. All Researchers start as 'generalists' working across a variety of sectors on a month-to-month basis. On every project you'll be working with at least one 'Head of Practice' and leverage their expertise within the market.
- A competitive basic salary plus an end of year bonus, depending on how the business is performing.
- Excellent office culture; they have an office choir, football team, netball team and generally enjoy each
other's company. They work hard but don't take themselves too seriously.
- Flexible working hours if you're more of an early bird or night owl.
- After six months you have the option of working from home 1-2 days a week.
- Flexible career progression, guided by you.
You would begin with this company as a Researcher and this would involve, to begin with, researching and compiling a long list of candidates that you would deliver to the Consultant working on the project who would then present this shortlist to the client. This involves:
- Using traditional executive search methods to research candidates who are relevant to projects you're working on (e.g. CFO for John Lewis). They have a database of over 250,000 candidates and great relationships with top talent that you will utilise.
- Performing advocacy work on behalf of clients, so talking through these top positions with top tier candidates and thoroughly interviewing them before submitting to your Consultant.
- Thought leadership; making sure you're abreast of all the latest movements within the sector you're working within.
- Adapting to changing environments. As mentioned, you'll be working on different projects on a three weekly, cyclical basis and will need to get up to speed with the nuances of those different sectors quickly and efficiently.
What You Need
- Excellent research skills, demonstrated through a 2:1 equivalent or higher in a research heavy degree.
- Experience working on research-based projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Societal or club involvements would be beneficial.