Graduate Technical Training and Support Consultant
- London, London
- 26th Feb ’20
- 7 days left!
This company is relatively new but already a global leader in its field and expanding fast, both in terms of headcount and breadth of projects. There is great scope to contribute, make a difference and to develop your career with the company. Members of staff are passionate about software and business. The company offers a sociable and team-based working environment.
Upon joining the technical support and training team at this fast-growing international business-to-business software company. You will soon become an expert in your field from an intensive six-week training induction, where you will gain qualifications in the various modules of the software.
From there, you will provide technical support on the software and utilise your communication skills, dealing with clients and various international departments within the company. You will apply your analytical strengths to work with clients' financial models and cash-flow calculations.
After approximately six months and once you are comfortable with the capabilities and technical aspects of the software, you will progress to work as a technical training consultant, visiting clients in the UK and around Europe, the Middle East and Asia and teaching them to use the software.
The opportunities within this market are huge and you can develop your career to suit your natural skills.
- Providing technical support to clients.
- Analysing financial data on clients' software to diagnose any issues.
- Technical training on client-site.
- Resolving issues internationally - identify, analyse and solve problems affecting clients' software.
- Becoming an expert on the software, in order to advise clients and train effectively.
- Working closely with global inter-company departments, such as sales, operations and development teams.
- 2:1 level or equivalent in a maths, economics, finance, business, real estate or related degree.
- Able to analyse financial data from a strategic perspective.
- Can communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as various teams within the company.
- Technical experience or desire to work in the technology industry.