Graduate IT Desktop Support Analyst
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £24,000 YEAR
- 30th Jun ’21
This medium-sized, fast-growing software house has won several industry awards. The company has offices in the UK and Europe and has increased revenues year-on-year at an excellent rate. They recently received significant investment and are looking to continue hiring graduates into various roles throughout the business.
This is an opportunity for graduates to train as IT desktop support analysts. The company offers a structured support and training programme, coupled with early responsibility for recent graduates.
You will be the first point of contact for internal support issues, analysing problems and working with a wide variety of hardware, network, server, database and virtual infrastructure technologies. You will be responsible for maintaining and implementing IT infrastructure, working on new projects alongside support issues.
As you progress in the role, you will have the opportunity to manage teams and own internal IT projects.
- Acting as the first line of contact for internal technical issues
- Maintaining servers and workstations
- Automating processes using PowerShell
- Supporting and maintaining office infrastructure
- Implementing virtual environments
- Managing virtual desktop environments
- Administration of hosted services and databases
This analytical position will utilise your mathematical, logical and problem solving skills, along with your passion for working with cutting edge technology.
You Will Need
- A 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in engineering, maths, physics, computer science or related degree
- Experience with networking, server scripting andor database technologies. Experience with one or more of the following would be beneficial: PowerShell, Microsoft Server 2016, Hyper-V, Active Directory, and SQL Server
- Great problem-solving ability
- Desire to join the tech industry
- Ideally, you will have some work experience, although this is not essential