Graduate Financial Trading Software Developer
- Woking, Surrey
- 21st Sep ’17
- 11 days left!
Our client is a leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in New York, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong with development centres located in each major region. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is globally renowned for its financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world's major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
When combined with the implementation skills of more than 150 experienced specialists, the company's trading platform has become the natural choice for the majority of the world's top tier investment banks.
Based in their Development team that is responsible for developing and delivering their multi-asset server side trading platforms, you will be working as a Software Developer getting involved in the whole software development lifecycle.
Your day to day duties will involve:
- Designing software solutions to meet business specifications
- Producing maintainable software components that operate as part of a large multi-process system
- Unit testing software components to verify behaviour and resilience
- Performing functional testing of the system on a full installation that replicates real world use
- Providing content for functional and technical documentation
- Reviewing and constructively commenting on the software, testing and documentation of peers
- Helping peers by sharing expertise in your primary development area
- Applying technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues
- Working independently and in close collaboration with team members
- Numerate degree of grade 2.2 and excellent A levels, with at least an 'A' in Maths or Physics (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of at least one of C++, Java and C#
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and accurate
- Able to learn quickly and retain a broad range of functional knowledge about the trading platform
- Able to work in a team, whilst also assuming responsibility for your own work
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple ongoing tasks at any given time
- Eager to understand new functionality and acquire new skills to enhance capability
- To have experience with UNIX or Linux
- To have knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases