- 24th Jan ’17
As one of the UK's leading providers of systems and engineering technology within the defence, nuclear, power and energy, civil aerospace, rail, marine, petrochemical and industrial sectors this company offers progressive and exciting career paths. With a family friendly feel every employee is valued highly and makes a sizeable impact to projects they work on as well as the future of the business.
NOW OPEN FOR GRADUATES
This exciting, varied and progressive company is looking for a number of high flying graduate engineers to join their highly successful consultancy.
Even at this early stage of the application process, you can chose to pursue either a more general consultancy path, or if you have a preference, a more specific route in one of the following:
As a Graduate Consultant Engineer you will be working within a multidisciplinary technical group providing ideas, technical advice and general consultancy services to a vast range of clients.
The tasks will vary depending on which route you take but the role will include:
- Two to three days out a week on client sites
- Discussing all issues with clients and getting hand on with the problems
- Working closely with your multidisciplinary team to decipher solutions
- Offering your consultation to the client and working together to achieve improvements
As an example, if you were to work with an aerospace company in each of the specialist routes, you could work on:
- The fluid dynamics of new aircraft components
- The software behind in-flight systems
- The design of the fuselage interiors
- The stress analysis of the landing gears during take off and landing
Your development and training will be well structured through their programmes and will involve a mixture of tailored and accredited training schemes, in the field mentoring as well as full support towards Chartership.
Within your first year you'll have the opportunity to work on and co-manage projects worth between £10-20k, progressing year on year with your level of responsibility.
- Degree within an Engineering discipline or closely related (M.Eng preferred at a 2:1 or Merit level)
- Need to be eligible for Security Clearance
- A-Levels: A Maths; A Physics; and B in another subject (or equivalent)
For the FEA route
- Assessments of structures to determine remaining life accounting for fatigue, fracture, plasticity or creep
- A general-purpose finite element analysis package, such as Abaqus or Ansys.
- Modelling of dynamic events such as shock, blast, impact, crashworthiness, or seismic events.
- Vibration and system dynamics.
For the Design route
- Understanding and application of design processes from problem definition and concept generation through to detail design and subsequent manufacturing support
- Production of design justification through the use of analytical skills (hand calculations andor FEA)
- Proficiency in 3D CAD, preferably Siemens NX, but also others
For the Software route
- Experience with specific data processing or modelling approaches would be beneficial
- Experience of C#, Java or CC++
For the CFD route
- Experience with CFD software i.e. Ansys, Autodesk CFD or similar
- Demonstrable experience of real world CFD applications through university or industrial projects
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again