Graduate Deployments Engineer
- Cambridge, East Anglia
- £26,000 YEAR
- 1st Feb ’22
Established in 2002 our client's products develop, implement and support a comprehensive suite of market data products including real-time market data feeds, a commercial publishing suite and traditional quote terminals.
The company's fast-growing operations are currently staffed by over 100 people across four offices in the US and UK. They are becoming a well known player in their market place.
Based in Cambridge, this company is looking to hire a graduate to join them as an IT deployments engineer specializing in software deployment and configuration. This role will be fully remote until at least the middle of 2022.
Deployments engineers are all-rounders, taking on aspects of roles like DevOps, Project Management, and Technical Support, with plenty of opportunity for individuals to take responsibility for specific areas of expertise and make it their own.
You will be working closely with the project managers and developers, pushing out new versions of software, making changes to existing configurations and adding new installations. In addition, you will be performing regular housekeeping of the configuration management tools and perform general system health checks as well as contributing to the further evolution of the tools.
This is a really interesting role that will suit a candidate who wants to work for a fast growing global software house but not be an actual coder. The firm is looking for candidates who are willing to learn further skills while working, they provide excellent training and support.
Salary will be £26-29K.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to carry out tasks in a methodical way to maintain accuracy and thoroughness in all tasks
- A general interest in computers with knowledge of the web, hardware and networks
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and tools
- Good documentation skills to record troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for others to follow
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with our Development group to resolve more advanced issues when necessary -Be happy with working the odd Weekend ( with extra holiday given as compensation) when required
- Knowledge of revision control systems such as subversion
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux environments, including scripting languages and batch files
- Familiarity with merge tools and batch file editing techniques
- Familiarity with SQL database management tools (e.g. php, MyAdmin)
- Ability to take ownership of a project and manage its schedule, including with clients