Graduate Cyber Security Consultant
- Guildford, Surrey
- 25th Mar ’20
This company is a rapidly expanding management and technical consultancy specialising in helping government and public sectors deliver complex projects to challenging timescales.
Their work spans both management consultancy and technical disciplines. On the management consultancy side their staff implement business change and strategy, deliver effective project and programme management, structure and run complex procurement and conduct investment appraisals and options analyses.
Their edge is their flexible and trusted approach to client engagement and their detailed and systematic approach to problem solving. The company specialises in bringing together an organisation's people, processes and technology to deliver maximum business benefit.
There are 40-55 people in the company, so there are great opportunities to progress to senior level. You are very much treated as an individual not as a 'number' as you may be treated in a larger firm.
Clients include: MOD, MOJ, Universities, Health and transport sectors also public sector.
You will provide consultancy to public sector and defence organisations. The range in clients and project work ensures that you will gain exposure to a variety of technical and business challenges in a short space of time.
The roles are available to those already graduated and those graduating throughout 2020.
By joining this company you will be working as part of a much larger team and be responsible for providing advice and guidance on:
- The definition of security requirements and the options available to projects for meeting these requirements
- Information assurance (IA) topics
- The development of IA strategies and policies
- The delivery of security work programmes
- The secure development and accreditation of information
This role requires significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with the client, including in resolving day-to-day issues involved in delivery of the assignment. You will also be expected to provide authoritative advice on security aspects of likely future technology developments and routes to exploit these.
Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected.
The client is looking for candidates with excellent problem solving skills and familiarity gained through their studies with the HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and the CESG Information Assurance Portfolio, IA Standards, Good Practice Guides, Architecture Patterns, etc.
In addition to the above you should have:
- Strong A-Levels or equivalent, ideally at A or A* in at least one STEM subject
- A 2:1 equivalent or higher in a CESG accredited Information Cyber Systems Security degree
- A good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology
- Proven abilities in communicating and delivering to stakeholder expectations and requirements
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again