Go-Ahead - Graduate Engineering Scheme
- Westminster, London
- 4th Mar ’21
About the Go-Ahead Group:
We are a leading provider of public transport in the UK bus and rail service sectors, delivering over one billion passenger journeys each year. Almost two million journeys take place per day on our bus network - as well as being London's largest bus operator, we own eight regional UK bus companies.
Currently a FTSE250 company employing 29,000 people across the country, we're also expanding our international bus and rail portfolio. We are strong believers in local brands run by local management for local markets, and so are looking for motivated graduates who will grow and develop into our future operations managers and directors.
About the role:
Go-Ahead's two-year graduate engineering programme develops people to become a key part of the engineering management function, and is IMechE accredited, suited to graduates aspiring to gain Incorporated or Chartered status. Our engineering graduates are fast-tracked through an introduction to maintenance workshops and practices, exposed to vehicle design and production, and gain knowledge of emerging technologies. This is all alongside developing the key competencies that should be expected of any great graduate scheme: finances, HR, health and safety, and communication.
What we are looking for:
Go-Ahead are looking for Engineers with a hands-on, practical approach to complement their degree-level education. Applicants should have:
- A customer focus, keen to deliver for Go-Ahead's vast network of bus and rail users
- The ability to work with team members at all levels and deal with members of the public
- Forward-thinking, innovative ideas to drive the business forward
Someone with an interest in tinkering with engines and understanding how they work. If you're the kind of person who likes to take things apart, see how they run and put them back together again, this role will suit you perfectly!
You must have the following key requirements:
- Minimum of a 2:2 in mechanical or electrical electronic engineering
- Microsoft Office suite
- The unrestricted right to work in the UK on a permanent basis
What we can offer you:
- Real responsibility - you'll be managing teams, dealing with operational challenges and making significant decisions
- Full support from mentors and specialists to develop your operations management and leadership skills
- Career progression to senior management
- Opportunity to achieve CEng status
- Free travel on many of Go-Ahead's services
Click Apply Now to get your application in!
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again