GLL - Graduate Trainee Manager Scheme
- Multiple, Any
- £20,848 - £23,327 £23,327
- 29th Feb ’20
Do you have a passion for leisure and fitness? Do you thrive in leadership positions? Do you want to kick-start your career in management?
GLL is the UK's largest public leisure and cultural services provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable. As a not-for-profit organisation, we're different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people.
The scheme starts between August and September 2020 and is available across GLL’s locations in:
- Welwyn and Hatfield
- North Kesteven (Lincolnshire)
What does the scheme involve?
This award-winning two-year scheme for graduates includes practical work experience in all aspects of leisure provision. You'll complete customer-facing placements such as: Fitness Instructor, Lifeguard, and Customer Service Advisor within a structured programme in year one and supervisory placements in year two. In addition, you'll complete statutory, management and in-house training throughout the two years, helping you gain industry-standard qualifications. You'll also experience working within a central support team and gain experience in project management and human resources.
Whats in it for you?
- Salary increase in Year 2 of the scheme and up to Assistant Manager salary in year 3
- Guaranteed a permanent management position up to Assistant Manager level on completion of the scheme
- Assistance with relocation if needed
- Travel allowance
- Discounted fitness membership
- Discounts on days out and other social activities
- Continuous training and career development (qualifications and professional studies)
- Mentoring throughout the duration of the scheme
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again