Glen Dimplex - Graduate Operations Scheme
- Prescot, Merseyside
- £20-22k £22,000
- 3rd May ’21
Start date: June 2021 - Please note if you graduate in 2021 Glen Dimplex are looking for graduates to start ASAP.
Glen Dimplex are the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating appliances, and hold significant global market positions in domestic appliances, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. In over half a century, we’ve built a solid global reputation, and our customers have come to trust in our brands, products and people. You may have heard of some of their leading brands such as: Morphy Richards, Roberts Radio, Belling & Stoves, and much more. As a growing business now is a great time to be part of our company!
What will you be doing?
During this two-year Graduate role, successful candidates will have exposure to a number of different functions within the Operations department as well as gaining experience of how the business runs. Specific projects will be allocated based on business priorities. You could be supporting projects within:
- Supporting the Brexit transition and map out work required on inbound and export movement of goods between the EU and GB
- Supporting the creation of new route to market solutions for Europe, UK, and China
- Launch CSR programme to support the delivery of our sustainability strategy focusing on elements such as carbon measurement, reduction in plastic and packaging, water usage reduction, zero waste the landfill). You will do this by capturing key data, identifying improvement opportunities, and reporting.
- Lay out projects between planning systems and suggest areas of improvement
Additional placements could also be available on specific projects within Procurement, Quality or Sales Order Processing.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant commercial degree (2:2+)
- Displays a natural aptitude with numbers and analysis
- Passion and interest in Operations
- Aptitude to pick up new technologies and systems, including use of Excel.
What can we offer you?
- Salary between £20K-£22K
- Fantastic learning opportunities
- Hapi benefits package - vouchers for retailers
- Pension scheme
- Great discounts on Glen Dimplex brands such as Morphy Richards and Roberts Radio
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again