FCC Environment - Graduate Compliance Management Trainee
- Doncaster, Yorkshire
- 2nd Dec ’19
Who are we?
In our post Blue Planet 2 world where international attention is focused on how we can waste less and recycle more, it could not be a better time to join one of the UK's most progressive waste and resource management companies.
FCC Environment are on the front line of the resource revolution which will deliver the ambition of the 25 Year Environment Plan to leave the world a better place than it is now for our children. We provide a range of services, from collecting business & household waste and recycling, processing the materials we collect recycling everything that we can, and generating green energy from waste. We minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources. Right now, we?re focusing our sights on developing our managers of tomorrow and you could be one of them!
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for; the health and safety of staff, contractors to site and visitors to site, the minimisation of impact to the environment whilst working within the site, delivering customer expectations in terms of service and product quality, and operating site in an efficient and effective manner in line with the annual budget.
Once trained will provide a key role ensuring full compliance with current and future Legislation, regulations and guidance. In particular with regard to the LFT1 (Qualifying Fines) landfill tax order 2015 and subsequent updates.You will report to the Senior Technical Manager and will be within one of Our Soils ?Sales and Compliance Teams? mainly covering the Middle and North of the UK. Based in Doncaster, with the opportunity to experience several departments within teams in Doncaster thus learning all processes involved in FCC?s Business.
What can we offer you?
- Salary of £23,000
- Relocation Assistance (inc. temporary accommodation assistance up to £300month)
- 25 days annual leave per annum (up to 10 days unpaid leave per year, plus option to purchase 5 additional days? annual leave)
- Company Pension (inc. company contributions)
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits (cycle to work, high street savings and discounts, Gymflex)
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Peer to Peer Recognition Scheme
What are we looking for?
- A graduate with a 2:1 or above in Chemistry or Environmental Science
- Ability to assess and interpret chemical analysis, soil and site investigation reports
- Understanding of managing soils
- Customer facing ? capable of developing relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Full Driving Licence preferred
- IT literate ?competent in Word, Power point skills, MS Excel and MS project.
If this sounds like you click 'Apply Now'!
We will be reviewing all applications over December and aim to give all candidates feedback by early January.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again