Close Brothers - Risk and Compliance Graduate
- London, London
- £28K £28,000
- 23rd Jul ’21
Close Brothers is a leading merchant banking group established in 1878, providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services, and securities trading. We employ 2,800 people, principally in the UK, and are one of the largest 250 companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We value our clients over everything else. What they do is important - they are the doers and makers of things, the wealth creators, the investors, and the savers. We ensure our services meet their specific needs and invest to support them as they grow.
At Close Brothers we celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and look to recruit individuals from different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box - We have two exciting entry level roles for graduates in our Central Operations function at Close Brothers. We will offer you hands-on experience quickly and you will have the opportunity to study towards an industry recognised qualification relevant to your business area.
What will I be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity whereby you will have the chance to get great exposure across both the Risk and Compliance functions by undertaking four rotations of six months each through the different divisions, gaining grounding in Compliance, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Regulatory risks as they apply to the Bank, Asset Management, Securities and Group functions.
You would be involved in all aspects of risk management and compliance, including:
- Introduction to the overall risk framework.
- Key risks and their definitions.
- Risk appetite management.
- Key risk activities e.g. Risk Assurance work, Incident Reporting and Analysis.
- Risk analysis.
- Introduction to the overall compliance framework including the rules and regulations within the bank and the practical challenges of implementing regulatory requirements and ensuring that these are followed.
- KYC Client Onboarding, Client due diligence, AML investigations and Transaction monitoring screening.
Training would be provided on risk management and compliance as well as core soft skills (e.g. stakeholder management). The candidate would be encouraged and supported to take industry relevant exams (e.g. CFA or FRM).
Salary and benefits:
£28,000 initially, rising to £30,000 following completion of the six months' probation period. Increasing to £32,000 in year two.
At Close Brothers we recognise the value of a work life balance and have put together a benefits package that reflects this:
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension - Group Stakeholder Pension Plan provided by Friends Life; 5.3% employee and 10% employer contribution
- Life assurance - 4 times annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave - minimum of 25 days as standard with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days' additional annual leave every March
- Plus further benefits including competitive family friendly offering, information available upon request
Key skills and behaviours we are looking for:
- Ideally 2:1 or above in degree in relevant academic discipline
- Analytical skills and an ability to identify pragmatic solutions
- Confident in managing and analysing data sets
- Resilience and flexibility to deal with new topics and a regularly changing workload
- Good knowledge and practical use of Microsoft IT applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Results driven and self-motivated to learn and further develop
- Strong oral and written communication
- Able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Work affectively independently as well as within a team in a collaborative environment
- Commercially minded with a genuine interest in FS
Interested? Click "Apply for the job" to learn more and fill in a short application form!