Firmware Application Software Engineer
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- 29th Dec ’21
- 30 days left!
My client is a specialist design consultancy providing electronics and software solutions to their customers. With the huge demand from their clients during the lockdown restrictions they are looking to grow again.
We are seeking an experienced firmware application software engineer to join the team. You will enthusiastic with an aim to further your career with a range of experience across many markets focused on embedded design. Although very technical, this is customer focused role and would suit somebody comfortable talking to clients.
Essential skills include:
- C and C++ main language
- Higher level languages and scripting useful
- Comfortable with reading schematics
- Comfortable with test equipment to aid debugging (logic analysers scopes DVM etc)
Experience with coding for a number of embedded systems
Working from new board bring up through to production support ideally
Range of experience of systems such as:
- Microcontrollers -Bare metal and Free RTOS
- STM32 PIC and others
Embedded Linux systems (NXP i.MX range ideally) a nice to have:
- Application code and scripting
- IOT communication fundamentals would be helpful
- HTTP APIs MQTT etc
- Working with Server, Azure, AWS from an IOT perspective