1. Big v Small recruiters - Even FTSE100 firms face rejection from graduates seeking to work for start-ups posing a threat to large recruiters and an advantage for smaller firms. Simply changing the terminology from SME to start up changes perceptions in student's minds too. How can you position your firm favourably?
2. Nudge Theory - The gently, gently approach is being used by Kings College Careers Service to engage students. Early sign are positive. How could you use this approach in your student engagement?
3. Spending Habits - Asked what they would do if given a £50 note on a Friday night, 80% of University students preferred to save it than go out and spend it. Huge implications for pubs and clubs. The stereotypical student is much different to 10 years ago. Are you up to date on these trends?
4. Dark social - All young generations seek something different from the ones that went before and most importantly keep it underground. With 24% of parents on Facebook, Millennials have moved on and are now using other social media that leaves no trace. Do you know what these are and how to use them?
This is just a flavour of the topics covered during a typical GRN event. To join please apply for membership here and receive invites for future events. Our 2016 events calendar is as follows;
- June 21st - 8.30am-10.30am - 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU
- September 13th - 8.30am-10.30am - 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU
- December 13th - 8.30am-10.30am - 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU
It's free and a fantastic opportunity to develop as a professional graduate recruiter in your sector with a diverse range of graduate recruiters facing the same challenges.