1. Expectation: Your outfit will be flawless
The fake blood will drip down your neck into a perfect shape, everything will stay in place and look fresh (or dead) all night.
You'll have about 5 minutes in which your outfit will look good. After that, blood and face paint will smudge, outfits will rip or someone will steal your pitchfork.
2. Expectation: Everyone will 'get' your costume.
Nope. But hey, it's a nice icebreaker.
3. Expectation: You'll get invited to loads of parties.
You go trick or treating with your mum.
4. Expectation: This Halloween will be better than last year!
The chances are, it'll be an average night but with pumpkins.
5. Expectation: Everyone will dress up and look fabulous.
The majority will, but there will be a few people 'dressed as themselves' or wearing some vague ripped t-shirt 'zombie' costume.
6. Expectation: You'll feast on thousands of delicious sweets.
You'll get some Palma Violets, eat a few and then feel sick for the rest of the night.
7. Expectation: Party-goers will cower at your terrifying costume.
Good effort, but no.
8. Expectation: Not every girl will use Halloween as an excuse to dress up nicely.
You'll be the only one in the ridiculous costume... but who cares?
9. Expectation: Your outfit will be sooo original.
You won't be the only one, especially in ready made costumes.