Job Title: Graduate Software Development Training Programme
- Salary: £26k
- Location: London West End
- Date posted: 21/06/2011
- Date expires: 04/08/2011
- Degree Subject: Any numerate discipline
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 300
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: IT
- Vacancy Reference: CR29225IBITGSDTP4
Our client is a global software house. They produce software that enables their customers to manage their corporate finance - investment and treasury management. They have been in business for over thirty years and their clients include many well known corporations and investment banks.
They have a proud record of staff retention, training and development and are based in Central West London.
Our client is looking to hire numerate graduates with good problem solving skills and business acumen, along with an interest in working in software development in the financial industry. Coding skills are not essential as all training will be provided.
Your first year will give you a solid foundation in our client's software, investment and treasury knowledge and will enable you to define your career path and objectives.
This first year will include the following:
- Personal Training and Education - The first two months will incorporate extensive training on the software, coding languages and all aspects of corporate finance.
- Second Line Support - You will solve problems for customers which have been escalated to the second line support team. This will include development projects that focus on ensuring that the product can communicate with other systems used by clients.
- Coding - Development and maintenance of the product in C, C++, C , MFC, .NET and MS SQL.
- Business Analysis - In-depth analysis into customer needs. This could include meeting clients face to face.
In the longer term, you will either start working on larger projects within software development and design or move into another business area such as Support Management or Consultancy.
The company is going through a period of rapid growth, so other opportunities could arise in the business both locally and overseas.
The starting salary will depend on experience and suitability. The package includes a generous bonus scheme, private healthcare and pension. For future prospects, this company is a meritocracy; it believes in retaining staff and paying them what they are worth. There is exceptional potential to stretch yourself to you limits and get paid very well for what you do.
The first round is a testing stage at their London office. This will be held in June or July with the positions to commence in July.
Essential skills include:
- Maths, Physics, Engineering, Financial, Economics or other highly numerate degrees at 2.1 or above
- A and B grades at A level
- Ideally some experience in programming or an understanding of programming concepts, but this is not essential as all training will be provided
- A demonstrable interest in computing and IT
- A good understanding of finance
- A logical thinker with excellent problem solving ability
- Strong communication skills
- Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic and able to work well under pressure.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.