Job Title: Graduate Mechatronic Engineer
- Salary: £21-24k
- Location: East Sussex
- Date posted: 05/12/2011
- Date expires: 13/02/2012
- Degree Subject: Mechatronics
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: BBC
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Engineering
- Vacancy Reference: CR35714SUSME
My client specialises in taking an idea from concept through to production. They work across a range of engineering sectors including electronics, software, mechanics and ergonomics.
You will be responsible for designing and developing new innovative mechatronic and control solutions for various high-tech consumer and industrial products ranging from camera control systems to 3D scanners, and from electrical vehicle control systems to small robotic arms. Your creativity and solid engineering background will allow you to continuously think 'outside of the box' and create new innovative solutions which are viable to implement.
Key duties include:
- Concept work and design studies
- New product design and development by creating innovative solutions
- Design detailing, bill of materials compilation and drawing release
- Create, develop and maintain: specifications, drawings, critical design parameters and design tolerances, component design and analysis information
- Manage component design validation and develop design validation plan
- Process test data and draw conclusions
- Work with external suppliers and customers to specify, design, analyze and validate mechatronic components, such as electric actuators and motors, small mechanical transmissions, gears and linkages, speed, temperature, and position sensors
- Maintaining of product technical files, where appropriate
- Manage component design validation: Develop design validation plan, work with test facilities to execute tests, process test data and draw conclusions
- Failure mode investigation and corrective action
- Keep up to date with research and industry best practices
- Protects organisation's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Carry out studies into the feasibility, cost implications and performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Engineering degree (1st or 2:1) in Mechatronics and Measurement and Control
- Excellent knowledge of Solidworks, FEA, Matlab and Simulink
- Truly enjoy technical and engineering activities
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team and able to think creatively and problem solve
- Interested in mechanical equipment, robotics and production equipment, physics and mathematics.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.