Job Title: Graduate Data Analyst
- Salary: £2729k
- Location: London
- Date posted: 04/06/2010
- Date expires: 17/06/2010
- Degree Subject: Maths or similar
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 320
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Analytical
- Vacancy Reference: GB17239DATA910
This company is the UK's leading specialist Business, Analytical and IT consultancy, they employ over 1500 people. Their portfolio of clients covers diverse areas such as National Security and the Public Sector, through to commercial industries such as Telecommunications, Utilities and Pharmaceuticals. Their services include business consulting, software and hardware development, technical consultancy and complex data analytics work.
As a Graduate Data Analyst working out of my client's central London offices, you'll join their state-of-the-art centre of excellence for data analytics, and act as a consultant on projects across all business areas. As well as working on client projects you'll develop analytical products, software and technical solutions to be used by different parts of the organisation, ensuring ongoing variety.
You'll be responsible for the manipulation, analysis and modelling of complex data to deliver the intelligence required for optimal decision making for our clients.
You will be learning techniques such as data mining and predictive modelling, and will apply these to areas such as CRM, detection and prevention of fraud, and business process optimisation.
Structured training and support will enable you to gain skills in design, build and maintenance of advanced analytics solutions, including data matching and transformation, sampling and profiling, artificial intelligence and neural network modelling, clustering, geographic mapping and spatial modelling.
- Delivering high quality work to meet client expectations and project deadlines
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues and assisting team members where appropriate
- Responding to and resolving technical issues
- Contributing to improve software development approaches and quality of deliverables
- Development of application enhancements
- Adapt and work effectively with a variety of individuals or groups and in a variety of situations
- Go beyond routine questioning to find the underlying causes of problems or discrepancies to identify problems and develop sound solutions
- Maintain performance when under stress, and manage time effectively through the application of organisation and planning skills.
*** Due to the nature of the work the client undertakes, candidates must be eligible for security clearance - this means that you must hold a UK passport. ***
- 2.i minimum (or equivalent) in a numerate degree discipline
- A and B grades at A-Level including Maths
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.