Mizuho Banking - Primary Debt Markets Summer Internship
- London, London Central
Mizuho is not your typical financial institution.
We offer the best of both worlds—the feeling of a boutique work environment within a global organisation. Our steady growth in EMEA gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a small firm or an established giant could offer alone.
Mizuho offer a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a global investment bank, working on real projects, whilst developing a strong professional network within a bank that prides itself on its inclusive, cooperative and friendly company culture.
Summer Internship - Primary Debt Markets
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for students to join this global investment bank within their Primary Debt Markets team. This will be a 10 week paid internship, starting June 2023, designed to give students broad exposure to debt capital markets solutions within an investment bank, with a view to being offered a position on the Mizuho 2024 Graduate Programme.
Your salary is highly competitive, in line with salaries offered by other London Investment Banks.
What will I be doing?
Over the course of the internship, you will have a blended learning experience which will involve projects with the three principle components of the Primary Debt Markets business at Mizuho:
- Corporate and Public Sector Debt Capital Markets Team:
- Provides debt financing solutions for Mizuho's global corporate, sovereign and supra sovereign agency client base, in both public and private markets
- Organises clients short and long term funding plans
- Clients business strategy and in-dept knowledge of their credit metrics
- Financial Institutions Debt Capital Markets Team:
- Provide debt financing solutions, balance sheet strategic and advisory services for Mizuho global financial institution (banks and non-banks) client base
- Takes the Debt Syndicate, Treasury Strategy and Advisory teams’ advice and communicating it to borrowers
- Debt Syndicate Team:
- Provide pricing, execution strategy and tactics for specific proposed transactions for Mizuho clients.
- Engages both investors and issuers in the pursuit of cutting-edge market intelligence to provide appropriate execution advice to clients
What can we offer you?
- Guidance & mentoring from our experienced colleagues
- Introduction to financial markets & operations
- A mix of technical skills training & bespoke soft skills sessions
- a 'buddy' to offer informal support across your placement
- You must be in your penultimate year of undergraduate study
- Available for permanent employment from September 2024
- Passion for financial services
We're expecting a high volume of applications, so make sure to get yours in asap!