Mizuho Banking - Finance Summer Internship
- London, London Central
Mizuho is not your typical financial institution.
We offer the best of both worlds—the feeling of a boutique work environment within a global organisation. Our steady growth in EMEA gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a small firm or an established giant could offer alone.
Mizuho offer a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a global investment bank, working on real projects, whilst developing a strong professional network within a bank that prides itself on its inclusive, cooperative and friendly company culture.
Summer Internship - Finance Department
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for students to join this global investment bank within their Finance team. This will be a 10 week paid internship, starting June 2023, designed to give students broad exposure to the intra-Finance divisions within an investment bank, with a view to being offered a position on the Mizuho 2024 Graduate Programme.
Your salary is highly competitive, in line with salaries offered by other London Investment Banks.
What will I be doing?
Over the course of the internship, you will have a blended learning experience which will involve projects with the specialist teams that comprise Mizuhos Finance Department:
The Finance Reporting Team:
- Produces management accounting information to aid the efficient and effective operation of the business
- Leads the annual business planning process
- Coordinates the external audit
The Product Control/Product Accounting area:
- Responsible for the main financial reporting and control functions, including the valuation of the Company’s Balance Sheet
- Works closely with the business and Risk Management department both in London and Tokyo
The Regulatory Reporting Team:
- Responsible for calculating, monitoring and reporting regulatory capital and liquidity
The Tax function:
- Responsible for tax policy, compliance, the management of the company’s tax affairs and interaction with tax authorities.
The Procurement and Accounts Payable teams:
- Responsible for negotiation of the company’s third party contract spend
Processes the company’s non-trading related cash flows.
What can we offer you?
- Guidance & mentoring from our experienced colleagues
- Introduction to financial markets & operations
- A mix of technical skills training & bespoke soft skills sessions
- a 'buddy' to offer informal support across your placement
- You must be in your penultimate year of undergraduate study
- Available for permanent employment from September 2024
- Passion for financial services
We're expecting a high volume of applications, so make sure to get yours in asap!