Mizuho Banking - Finance Summer Internship
- London, London Central
Mizuho is not your typical financial institution.
We offer the best of both worlds—the feeling of a boutique work environment within a global organisation. Our steady growth in EMEA gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a small firm or an established giant could offer alone.
Mizuho offer a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a global investment bank, working on real projects, whilst developing a strong professional network within a bank that prides itself on its inclusive, cooperative and friendly company culture.
Summer Internship - Finance Department
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for students to join this global investment bank within their Finance team. This will be a 10 week paid internship, starting June 2024, designed to give students broad exposure to the intra-Finance divisions within an investment bank, with a view to being offered a position on the Mizuho 2025 Graduate Programme.
Your salary is highly competitive, in line with salaries offered by other London Investment Banks.
What will I be doing?
Over the course of the internship, you will have a blended learning experience which will involve projects with the specialist teams that comprise Mizuhos Finance Department:
The Finance Reporting Team:
- Produces management accounting information to aid the efficient and effective operation of the business.
- Leads the annual business planning process and coordinates the external audit.
The Product Control/Product Accounting area:
- Responsible for the main financial reporting and control functions, including the valuation of the Company’s Balance Sheet.
- Works closely with the business and Risk Management department both in London and Tokyo.
The Regulatory Reporting Team:
- Responsible for calculating, monitoring and reporting regulatory capital and liquidity.
The Tax function:
- Responsible for tax policy, compliance, the management of the company’s tax affairs and interaction with tax authorities.
The Procurement and Accounts Payable teams:
- Responsible for negotiation of the company’s third party contract spend.
Processes the company’s non-trading related cash flows.
What can we offer you?
- Guidance & mentoring from our experienced colleagues
- Introduction to financial markets & operations
- Mix of technical skills training & bespoke soft skills sessions
- Buddy' to offer informal support across your placement
What do I need and how do I apply?
We're looking for candidates in their penultimate year of study, with a passion for financial services and who are available to start on our Graduate Programme in September 2025.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting equality and diversity, and seek to create a workplace that is fully inclusive.
We're expecting a high volume of applications, so to give yourself the best chance of success follow the apply link today.