Wellcome Sanger Institute Company Profile
Life at the Sanger Institute is unique. We are tackling some of the most difficult challenges in genomic research. This demands science at scale; a visionary and creative approach to research that pushes the boundaries of our understanding in new and exciting ways.
Set across 130 acres, just outside of Cambridge, our people are shaping the future by delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale, and creativity to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Inspiring future leaders to continue our leading-edge research
When you join the Wellcome Sanger Institute early in your career, we will provide you with guidance from our senior leaders, and give you a voice in helping to shape our future.
Our Institute is an ideas factory that imagines and delivers, scientific discovery at a scale and boldness that leads the world. Everyone who works at the Sanger Institute is a part of our team, helping to make our science possible. We value the contribution that all our staff make, at every level, and in every area, to make our research a reality.
By nurturing your talent, creativity and skills, we will equip you to make a real contribution to the work of the Sanger Institute and its discoveries that also benefit the world.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
We have an attractive benefits package offering a wide range designed to empower your health, wellness, care for family and plan for the future:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days of annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Life Assurance – six times your pensionable pay if you are a member of our pension scheme
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to a substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- Several on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
We aim to attract, recruit, retain and develop talent from the widest possible talent pool, thereby gaining insight and access to different markets to generate a greater impact on the world.