Accenture Company Profile
View Afton Chemical Graduate Opportunities
About the business
Afton Chemical develops, manufactures, blends, and delivers leading-edge additive technology for fuels and lubricants around the world and is part of the worldwide NewMarket Corporation. Our products and services provide the chemistry that makes fuels burn cleaner, engines run smoother and machines last longer across traditional and e-mobility industries. We employ 2000 people worldwide.
Working life at Afton
At Afton, you will get the vision and stability of a global corporation but benefit from a small-company culture of open doors, kindness and collaboration.
We pride ourselves on being a fantastic place to work – ask one of the many employees who have worked here for 20, 30, 40+ years, along with our most recent new joiners who are enjoying their detailed onboarding!
Based in Bracknell, we have offices across EMEAI. We are an office-based business, and we see genuine benefits of being here together every day, but with that comes flexibility and trust. This is your chance to experience real team-working, life in-person – and this is one great team.
But what does office life mean for you:
- 35-hour week – YES, really, that’s 35 hours – our employees go home at a sensible time to enjoy their home lives and we ENCOURAGE it.
- Flexible hours – start anytime from 8-9.30am, finish anytime from 4pm, take a long lunch break, compress your lunch break, go for a walk/ run in your lunch break (we have showers on site!).
- Early Friday finish at 2.30pm
- Fantastic on-site facilities:
- Free parking.
- Free unlimited Costa coffee.
- Free fruit.
- Subsidised canteen (hot & cold breakfast, lunch, snacks and free treats once a month on Fridays).
- Subsidised twice-weekly pilates.
- Beautiful courtyard for summer picnics, outdoor meetings etc.
- State of the art meeting rooms with technology and connectivity to match.
- Experience what it’s like to be surrounded by positivity and supported by one team, all working towards one goal.
- See our leadership team, in person, regularly.
- Have in-person conversations, get to know each other, support each other.
About the role
As one of the world’s largest consulting and technology firms, we’re constantly on the lookout for powerful minds like yours to help our clients improve their performance. That could mean anything from redefining strategies and working with new technologies, to increasing market share and offering better customer experiences.
In a nutshell, we develop, deliver and implement big ideas that bring positive, lasting and profitable change to our clients’ organisations. We love technology. But we’re not controlled by it. At Accenture, we harness the latest innovations to bring empowerment to our clients, crafting solutions that keep them ahead of the game.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a student to join our Marketing team for a 1-year placement.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to gain experience across a range of products working with a strong Marketing team.
The role will be to work closely with the Marketing Managers, transferring across the different product lines every 4 months to provide:
- Support the development and implementation of each business unit strategy.
- Conduct market research, develop trends reports, customer insights and segmentation.
- Support on quarterly P&L report analysis, consolidate monthly sales reports.
- Work with Marketing Communications and Marketing Managers to develop promotional and sales material in support of product launch activities and other communication campaigns.
- Support the sales team with the preparation of Customer Value Propositions (CVPs), product differentiation strategies, training material and market trend updates as required.
- Support accolade project progress for new product development, market assessment and business case analysis
- Develop content for customer presentations, conferences and workshops.
What do we expect from you?
Your focus will be on the product and as such, you should have an interest in, or exposure to product marketing. You will need to be analytically minded and data-focused with strong Excel skills.
We would be interested in receiving applications from individuals studying in Marketing, a Business-related degree or Science-related degree, with a desire to experience a commercial role.
Full and thorough training in our product lines and processes will be provided.