AET Graduate Scheme Profile
Academies Enterprise Trust
Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) is a network of 64 Primary, Secondary and Special schools throughout England. Our overarching aim is to 'make our best better' because we firmly believe that every child deserves an excellent education and the opportunity to become world class learners. To fulfil this, we need great teachers who want to make a difference to children’s lives!
AET offers the school-led route into teaching (School Direct) and is accredited by ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ universities and teacher training providers. It is a one-year programme starting from September through to July and leads to Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). You will based in the school of your choice, having a real impact from day one! During your training year we will help you secure a role at your academy or at another one within our network.
This will be your first step on to AET’s ‘professional learning journey’. Our learning and development opportunities, including our Newly Qualified Teacher programme will train and support you for your first year as a qualified teacher. When the time is right for you to take the next steps to develop your career within the Trust, you will have access to accreditation of formal programmes working with prestigious universities within their Leadership Colab and International Centres for Leadership in Teaching and Learning.
Some of the benefits of working with AET:
- Bursaries up to £35K depending on your subject and degree grade.
- Excellent employment rates.
- Very diverse and multicultural organisation, each school is different.
- A high percentage of time spent in schools and academies with staff experienced at training teachers.
- Strong mentor support.
- Free access to a range of national training opportunities from the school support team.
- A gradual increase in the number of lessons you teach throughout the year
- An in-depth study of relevant theoretical frameworks and observations of outstanding practitioners
- Access to Research & Development
- Access to Science and Maths Scholarships
- Membership to AET Subject Leaders Programme where you will benefit from a range of wonderful opportunities to enrich your teaching and learning
- Opportunities to collaborate with academies within our cluster on joint projects