Graduate Buyer - FMCG
- Surrey, Surrey
- £27,000 YEAR
- 15th Feb ’22
Established and highly respected in their field for over 30 years, this company sources ethically produced products from countries all over the world, and brings them to the shelves of the largest global food retailers. With a huge turnover of £42 million, this company is looking for driven graduates who are keen to launch their careers with fantastic commercial exposure.
Are you interested in a career in buying, or would like to know more about what this involves?
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-established FMCG company who supplies food products to the major retailers in the UK! They source their products from 22 different countries, therefore you will get some amazing global experience in buying and purchasing.
What an average day would involve
- Negotiating with suppliers to get the best possible price for the business but still ensuring a partnership
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Researching new markets to extend and improve product ranges
- Maintaining expert knowledge of assigned product groups including industry trends, economic factors, supply chain issues
- Working alongside the supply chain, technical and sales teams
- Always keeping a look out for better suppliers and new business opportunities!
Why we like this one
- Excellent starting salary of up to £28K, rising in line with your responsibilities
- Flexible progression across the business
- Renowned UK food organisation
- Real responsibility and fantastic exposure
What do you need?
- A 2:1 (or equivalent) in business, management, economics, languages or related
- Some relevant industry or buying experience
- Fluency in French or Spanish is advantageous; experience of working abroad would be a bonus
- Interested in food and FMCG