Graduate API and SQL Developer
- Brighton, East Sussex
- 26th Sep ’22
The Graduate Recruitment Bureau is a specialist recruitment consultancy designed to meet the needs of students and graduates looking for wider career options leading to employment.
Established by two graduates in 1996 the company identified a niche and embarked on an ambitious business plan. It wasn't a new idea but we had a new approach. Close liaison with universities, students, graduates and employers has seen the company grow rapidly with more and more students and graduates finding work with our clients.
By concentrating 100% on student and graduate recruitment and being managed by graduates the company quickly developed unique expertise in finding people work. Word of mouth continues to drive traffic to our website and we now have thousands of candidates registered and employers ranging from small, medium, blue chip, charity and public sector organisations. Our NEW website enables students to register to hear about vacancies through email, see useful advice on careers and search for vacancies online.
We are looking for a developer to join the IT Team in our friendly Brighton office. You’ll be helping to build and maintain the market-leading recruitment software which powers the GRB recruitment process, and is being redeveloped into a standalone cloud-hosted product. This will include:
- Helping to maintain a complex legacy codebase which uses .NET Core, C# and T-SQL stored procedures
- Building new C# .Net Core REST APIs (for a React front-end)
- Maintaining and updating back-end database and stored procedures
- Writing unit tests
- Scoping and estimating new development work
- Researching and implementing new technologies and best practice development processes
- A computer science, or related, degree at 2:1 (or above), or equivalent commercial experience
- Expertise with C# and SQL. REST APIs and unit testing would be a bonus
- Comfortable using development tracking tools (e.g. Jira) and code repositories (e.g. GitHub)
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active problem solver willing to contribute to team discussions
- High attention to detail
- Keen interest in learning new skills and software technologies
- Ideally, experience using micro-ORMs (though it’s not essential)
- Ideally, experience updating or integrating legacy systems and codebases